Once again, I keep hearing the words "Welcome to Texas!" I am starting to find that anything unpleasant comes with those words of "welcome." See previous posts regarding scorpions, spiders etc.
This week has been exceptionally hot! 104-106 degrees outside -- just too hot to do anything but stay inside and eat! It is even too hot to swim because that would entail a hot drive to the pool. No thank you! I can barely make it to the grocery store and even going after dark, I experience temperatures in the high 90's (at 8:00 p.m., the temperature can be over 100). On these hot days, my house struggles at cooling below 77 with two air conditioners running. We finally catch up at night when the air conditioners finally bring the indoor temperature down to 73. Our electric bill was out of this world at $400+ this past month. I find it useless to complain about the heat to Texans because all they say is ... "Welcome to Texas!" Annoying.
Lizards. In my bathroom. Gross.
Fire ants. In my back yard. Luckily, it was the babysitter who was bitten and not the kids or me. She is Texan and she handled it very well.
Wasps nest in my mailbox. Thank God for a landlord with wasp spray. No, I was not going to take care of it: my husband was at work, they are scary, and I am very allergic.
Melted crayon all over my car. Apparently, you should leave nothing in your car when it is gets this hot. Good to know.
Independent electric companies that can change out your service without your consent - leaving me the fun task of sorting it all out. I miss my single provider Excel Energy in Denver.
As you can tell, the heat has gotten to me. I miss Colorado and I am dreaming of rain and snow.
Matthew 25:21
ReplyDeleteMom
Aint no rain or snow here...and we have wasps and hornets in the backyard...but I don't have lizards in my bathroom or 104 degree temps. Get back to me in the winter when you're in flip flops and I am dog tired of the dirty slush that comes a few days after a snow. :)
ReplyDeleteEverything comes from God alone. Romans II:36.
ReplyDeleteCurrently on the calendar in my MIL's kitchen, thought it fit :-)
Hang in there...there's a reason for everything...