Friday, July 9, 2010

Bedtime rituals...

Today was a hard day.  Kids were just not getting along!  Pushing, shoving, screaming, crying.  Oh, yeah, and the kids were pretty bad too! :) Anthony came home to a dinner of fish sticks and peas.  (It was supposed to be spaghetti from Siena's, but the rain was so fierce that neither Anthony nor I wanted to go pick it up.)  Anyway,  as usual we decided to divide and conquer bedtime.  We each took a child to put to bed.  For me, I like to read stories, keep my voice soft and low, hugs and kisses ... trying to be so sweet and soft as they drift off to sleep.  I am often the no-nonsense parent.  I leave my kids  with final instructions: "No getting out of bed, no crying" etc... Tonight, after putting Noah to bed,  I walk past baby Gray's room and overhear Gray giggling and laughing saying "again! again!"  And to my dismay, Anthony is "beat boxing" our son to sleep!  For those of you who do not know what that means, here is a link demonstrating what it is.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2738703/insanely_talented_beat_boxing_kid/

No, my husband is not that good, but he can hold his own for a white guy.  It made me laugh out loud and appreciate my husband's funnier side.  I often get frustrated wanting bedtime to be done "my way", but tonight I know memories were formed in his little mind (Gray's, not Anthony's) and I am learning to appreciate Anthony's Yin to my Yang. I am glad he can be my better half and keep the kids giggling all the way to sleep.

Love you honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment