Gray woke up several times during the night and was up bright and early this morning. I suppose I can be grateful that this is not a regular occurrence. Gray only started sleeping through the night back in February after 2 long years of waking every 2 hours. Anthony and I were recently commenting on how sleep deprivation can alter who you are. We have really enjoyed sleeping again and reconnecting as a couple/family. So today is a big reminder to me on why I always felt so sluggish and run down. I am just the type of person who needs a good nights sleep; I just cannot function without it.
As I mentioned earlier, Gray was up early and I was too. It was time to get Noah off to basketball camp and Gray was needy and fussy. Hopefully this has nothing to do with an illness. Gray wouldn't let me get 2 feet away from him today, so we snuggled on the couch watching cartoons. I put some oatmeal cookies in the oven for us (luckily I made them yesterday and froze the dough). While waiting for the cookies to bake, I receive a call from Noah's camp that he was struggling again today, was covered in hives and was very tired. He was extremely tired yesterday too! So I left immediately to go get my first born. Luckily, camp is only 5 minutes away. He said he had a headache and was tired. We get home and smelled ... burnt cookies. Yum. I forgot they were still in the oven when I rushed out of the house.
We all snacked for lunch because no one seemed hungry and then we all took a nap. This afternoon, I got a major craving for cupcakes so off we went to a cupcake bakery. So not worth it!!! Sorry, but Pillsbury could have done better! We stopped at IHOP for dinner because eggs seemed to be unanimously desired. My children were climbing the walls, coloring on the walls and screaming in the restaurant. No -- we had not had the cupcakes yet! It just seemed like everyone was off today.
We all snacked for lunch because no one seemed hungry and then we all took a nap. This afternoon, I got a major craving for cupcakes so off we went to a cupcake bakery. So not worth it!!! Sorry, but Pillsbury could have done better! We stopped at IHOP for dinner because eggs seemed to be unanimously desired. My children were climbing the walls, coloring on the walls and screaming in the restaurant. No -- we had not had the cupcakes yet! It just seemed like everyone was off today.
I am sitting here typing this as the boys play in the sand box. Every 5 seconds they seem to be arguing about who's sand it is. I am counting down the hours till bed time and Anthony comes home from L.A.
This too shall pass....
ReplyDelete