Friday, September 10, 2010

Sorry I have not posted ...this will be a long one, I am sure!

We have been sooo busy this last month; so sorry family for not posting!

Noah's 1st day of school















We had the first day of school for Noah at Pinkerton Elementary.  We decided to go public this year and so far.... not that impressed.  We will give it a little longer to see how it goes.  Academically, they seem to be starting slower and they have so many rules ... Noah was excited to start school and make friends!  He is so big now!  He has a locker, he walks himself from the door of the school to the classroom (parents are not allowed: stupid rule), he gets a hot lunch, he now takes showers instead of baths (unless brother convinces him to take a play bath with him :).  He has also started soccer and baseball.  He has practices for each one during the week and games on the weekend. Yes, he is busy! He has also discovered a love for basketball, which he is very good at.  Once a week, he continues his swim lessons after school.  He is working on free style, back stroke, side stroke and diving. He is also old enough now to start AWANA at the church on Sundays.  This week he is re-learning John 3:16 (he memorized this verse last year at FCA).

Grays 1st day of school
Grayson also started his first day of preschool.  He is going to a Christian school, which I love!!  They are so gentle and kind in spirit towards everyone.  They are informative and prepared and everything that the public school system does not seem to be.  He was so excited right up to the last second before I let go.  As soon as the teacher reached for him he started screaming. We both cried! Letting go was so hard... for me!!  I called the school an hour later asking for specific details on how he was doing and I was happy to learn that he stopped crying and started playing as soon as I left.  I picked him up early at 12:45 (he can stay till 2, but I want him to nap at home) and he walked up to me grinning from ear to ear -- so excited to share about his day.  "I like it. It great! I make friends. I play. I eat."  It was so joyful for me to see him grow and love to socialize.  So different from just a few months ago when he would not leave my side for a moment.  He now goes to Sunday School, preschool and does swim lessons (ISR) 3 days a week.  Mrs. Emily, his swim teacher, calls him the perfect student. He catches on instantly and can swim-float-swim across half the pool.  Gray also is cutting all 4 of his molars and has been doing so for a month now. He is just now starting to eat again.  :)

Anthony is busy as ever with work.  DG FastChannel is entering the busy season as all the TV shows start up again -- along with the commercials.  He attends all soccer and baseball games with Noah, drops Noah off at school on some mornings, and often puts Gray to sleep at night in order to get some one-on-one time with him too. Breakfast is always grab-and-go and sometimes he eats dinner standing up.  He is currently car shopping. I am looking forward to seeing what he comes home with.

Me.  Well, I have an empty nest 2 mornings a week and it has allowed me some much needed organizing time. I have created binders for each of the kids to help keep track of their stuff.  Both come home with loads of paperwork and schedules.  I also created a binder for Anthony and I - for our bills.  It is nice not to have free papers lying around the house and everyone knows where to look if they need something. I also have a calendar now to keep track of everyone's schedules.  I even created a coupon binder! Perhaps I am taking this organization thing too seriously, but hey - this is my job as a wife and mom and I will always do it to the best of my ability! I have also joined a bible study 'Developing a Discerning Heart.'  It is so nice to have time to dedicate to God and fellowship with other women. It is something that is bringing me a sense of peace in my life.  Anthony and I are also starting a couple's Bible study together on Sundays. We have a babysitter lined up - the perfect planned night.

Well, that is our latest updates.  Here are pics for all the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and close friends!  Love you all and thanks for letting me know how much you missed my blogging!

Brotherly love!


Noah showing Gray how to use his lunch box :)
Noah's lockers and hallway to his class
Noah's classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment